Statement of Purpose
The California Agricultural Teachers' Association was formed in 1920. The purpose of the organization is to promote and improve the teaching of agriculture in California and to foster the welfare of those engaged in this work.
The CATA Office Has Moved!
The CATA office is now located at the FFA Center in Galt.
Jim Aschwanden 209-744-1605
Kerry Stockton 209-744-1614
Mailing address: PO Box 186, Galt, CA 95632-0186
New Website for "Vision 2030"
A NEW website for "Vision2030" has been created and the site address is www.CATAVision2030.org. Please save the link as one of your "favorites" as it will serve as the primary information/resource hub pertaining to Vision 2030.
Here is the latest update regarding Vision 2030:
- Please take the time to visit the new website (www.CATAVision2030.org).
- The next/current phase that is ongoing pertains to assessing the information from the past summer's survey (data/info located in the Fall 2015 Vision 2030 Report) and identifying action plans, solutions, and/or ideas to address the concerns/issues/needs addressed in the survey. This is where YOUR input is needed and required. This is YOUR opportunity to come up with ideas, action plans, solutions, etc... for the Vision 2030 leaders, committees, and individuals to work on. The effort put forward results in increased efficiency and maximized productivity within our profession.
- If you take a look on the main page of the website, you will see "Regional Action Plan Submission Link" with buttons tabbed for each region. Everyone has access to the buttons, however only the regional officers of that particular region have access to edit, add, revise, etc... the submission forms. The goal/objective is for individual members within each region to come up with 2-4 action items/ideas/solution(s) for each of the survey questions/data released in the Fall 2015 Vision 2030 Report. The goal is to utilize each of the regional meetings to confirm, consolidate, and identify the items and submit them on the regional submission form. How that process proceeds forward is up to each region, however we need the submission forms completed by the end of November. Ideally, the forms should be completed shortly after the region's fall meeting.
- Some of you have shared some terrific ideas and they need to be shared with your regional officers to be submitted. Regional Officers are more than welcome to take e-mail suggestions and submit them via the website so members from the region can view/edit as needed. Again, the process if flexible, but the deadline for those submissions is firm and needed by the end of November.
- Once we have the submission forms from each region completed, we will organize the material and COMBINE them with the current/ongoing action plan/items from the original four sectors that remain "on the table" and are still being addressed.
- Once we combine all the items in December, we will prioritize and open up for volunteers to chair, lead, address, etc... and organize the structure to implement the identified action plans/items/ideas/solutions, etc....
That is where we stand right now. The website will expand, grow as needed. For now, we need everyone to brainstorm and come up with ideas, action plans, solutions, etc... pertaining to the summer survey and share them with your regional officer team so they can be submitted.
Thank you for your time, effort, and attention regarding this process!
Vision 2030 - Agriscience Education
The Vision 2030 Committee has worked hard to put Agriscience education at the forefront of the NGSS and Common Core movements. As part of this evolution in agricultural education, materials have been created that can be infused into traditional agriculture courses as well as matching the new UC-approved lab science coursework. Teachers interested in using materials developed for the new Agriscience courses can access them by going to Google Drive.
California Pork Producers Association
2015-16 Show Pig Scholarship
The Directors of the California Pork Producers Association (CPPA) and the CPPA Youth Committee invite the breeders and junior members of the Association to participate in the 2015-2016 Annual Show Pig Scholarship program. CPPA is very enthused about the impact that this program has had, and asks for your participation, leadership, and support!
This scholarship is designed to promote interaction between the leaders of today and those of tomorrow by providing junior members a high quality show pig for their county fair, as well as gain a depth of knowledge about the swine industry from the breeder. It is the goal of the show pig scholarship to assist junior members with strong scholastic skills, who may not be financially able to purchase a show pig, and have an interest in the swine industry.
Information and applications are available on the CPPA website at the following link – http://www.calpork.com/ProducerResources/1845/ShowPigScholarship.aspx#.VedK3jZRHIU
Deadline to submit applications – October 1, 2015
For questions, please contact the CPPA office at (916) 447-8950 or email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2015 NAAE Region 1 Winners
NAAE Outstanding Young Member Award - Natalie Borba, Atwater High School
NAAE Outstanding Middle/Secondary Program Award - San Luis Obispo High School, Anna Bates and Jodi Evans
NAAE Teachers Turn the Key Scholarship - Courtney Castle, Golden West High School
Cal Ag Plate Update
The support you have shown for Agricultural Education programs in California will ensure that students interested in agriculture will have opportunities to participate in activities that foster their leadership and personal development. California’s agricultural heritage as well as its’ impact on our state’s economy must be understood and appreciated by our youth. Thanks for being part of this effort!
Please continue to spread the word about the importance of
the California Agricultural License Plate program to your friends, family,
and others who value agriculture and the contribution it makes to all of
our lives. Encourage them to
go to www.dmv.ca.gov and order their
own Cal Ag Plate – it’s just a click away!
If you ordered a Cal Ag Plate and haven't received it yet, please contact us at (916) 714-2970 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some files on this website are available in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Reader, download it for free from Adobe.